Re: [Xen-users] Xen bridging issue

Hello

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 08:46:48AM +0300, johnny Strom wrote:
> On 09/09/2015 09:38 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Would it be possible to get this fix into Debian 8.1 as well?
> Since there will be users hitting this when they upgrade from Debian 7.x to
> Debian 8.x.

That depends on when those patches trickle down to stable kernel
releases and when Debian picks up that stable kernel releases.

Note that when that is going to happen is out of Xen community's control
(well, sort of).

> Or perhaps should I open an bug report at debian for this?

Yes, I think it should be reported to Debian. I'm not very familiar with
Debian's kernel backporting policy.  Maybe Ian (CC) can give you better
suggestions.

FWIW the bug fixes have been merged to Linus' mainline.

Commit id

4c82ac3c37363e8c4ded6a5fe1ec5fa756b34df3
32a844056fd43dda647e1c3c6b9983bdfa04d17d

You can put them in the report you file.

Wei.