Re: [Xen-users] Purpose of mem-max command

Marco Guazzone <marco.guazzone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't understand the behavior of the "xl mem-max" command.
>
> The help says: "Set the maximum amount reservation for a domain."
> But if I try to use it I see no effect on the target domain.
>
> It seems that only the "xl mem-set" command has effect on the VM.

That sounds correct. mem-max sets the maximum that mem-set can configure. I
can't see that it's that useful from the command line, but I have mem-max set
is several of my config files where I want to start a machine with a configured
amount of ram, but have the option to increase it later (typically because I've
had to cut some machines down to shoehorn another VM onto the host)