Re: [Xen-users] My GPU won't pass through. Is this my goodbye to Xen?

On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 16:38 -0300, Zir Blazer wrote:
> Two things: Try using a HVM, not PV. And check X.org config inside
> the VM, manually make a .conf file. You may need to use the FBDev
> Driver, I recall having issues with that at some point.

If sticking with PV then the vfb= option[1] would be needed to create a
suitable /dev/fb0 device to run X. PV guests have no graphics devices
by default and the posted guest config didn't include one.

If running HVM then it might be worth playing with the vga= option[0]
in the guest cfg to pick a graphics card better supported by the guest
distro. (stdvga might be a better choice than the default cirrus these
days).

Ian.

[0]
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.cfg.5.html#emulated_vga_graphics_device