Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough of iwlwifi adapter into Windows HVM failed to start

>Just to confirm, are you certain that the driver in question really does work
>when it is running on baremetal ....?

Yes, the driver works on baremetal, but not try on other
virtualization passthrough.

>I'm just guessing here, but does dmesg/journalctl have anything to say on the
>Dom0 side? In particular, an error about the driver >attempting to write to
>read-only configuration space could indicate that you need the "permissive=1"
>flag. See
>http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_PCI_Passthrough#PV_guests_and_PCI_quirks

I do not see anything complaining driver failing to write to read-only
configuration space. But somehow the Windows 7 HVM guest could not
bring up the Intel AC 7265 driver with error code 10 (fail to start).

As the driver could run on baremetal, it should be a Xen PCI
passthrough problem.

I hope someone could advise how to solve the problem, or point me to
the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

John Mok