Re: [Xen-users] how to use xl create domains concurrently ?

On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 11:41 +0000, ååæ wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Xen-4.5.1 on CentOS-6.5ï I find xl create domains serially,
> so if I create one domain, it takes about 4 seconds, create 10 domains,
> it will takes about 40 seconds, it is too long, is there any way to create
> domains concurrently ? or any way to create multiple domains in less time?

xl has at least one big lock around domain creation (to do with dom0 memory
ballooning IIRC), there may also be others in xl and libxl.

Resolving this has been a long standing TODO development item, but AFAIK no
body is working on it.

If you are interested in tackling this problem then I would suggest
bringing it up on xen-devel where hopefully other folks will remember more
of the details regarding the current situation and planned improvements.

Ian.