Re: [Xen-users] Potentially old bridging or xennet (netfront) bug, does this sound familiar?

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If upgrading the guest is too scary (or a problem for some other reason)
> then maybe just updating the kernel to the latest 5.X (5.11 from the looks
> of it) might be sufficient?

That's probably the route that would be attempted first (updating the kernel).

> Having written all that -- isn't the smartpoll issue described at that link
> a _backend_ one, i.e. it is the CenOS 6.6 3.10 kernel which would be at
> fault (and that bug was surely fixed by then), so maybe that's all red-
> herring.

The only references I could dig up to actual code changes related to
smart poll were to the netfront module, for example:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-09/msg01280.html. I
took that to mean this would impact the domU, but maybe I don't
understand even basically how netfront is used. I thought that
netfront would be loaded in the domU, and netback loaded in the dom0,
but perhaps the segregation isn't that clean, or is just wrong.

Thanks for your detailed reply, especially to an issue with such an old domU.

Andy