Re: [Xen-users] Network bridge problem

There's also systemd-networkd, which personally I find easiest to use for bridges and other virtual devices (just not for wireless). It coexists with netctl just fine, and iproute2 with some additional care. See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd-networkd
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-networkd.service.html

I don't think the bridge itself (xenbr0) actually needs an IP address, since enp3s0 and vif2.0 are both slaves of the bridge. One problem I do see is that enp3s0 and xenbr0 both have the same MAC address, which I think is incorrect (although I could be wrong). Did you happen to specify the address d0:50:99:8f:1e:31 explicitly in your config anywhere?

Also note that unless you installed a VNC server inside the guest yourself, the guest doesn't even need a network adapter in order for VNC to work. The qemu process inside Dom0 is what listens for VNC clients (with "vnc = 1" or "vfb = ['vnc=1']" in xl.cfg(5)). Make sure you specified "vnclisten=0.0.0.0" in your xl config, as qemu only listens for VNC clients on localhost by default. This applies to xen vfb (PV) and the qemu emulated graphics cards (HVM), but with a different syntax, see http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.cfg.5.html

Here are some general recommendations: Use `netstat -l -p` on Dom0 to verify qemu is listening for VNC clients. Do a simple connectivity test using netcat from the remote machine to local Dom0. Make sure there's no firewall interfering (i.e. unknowingly filtering link-layer frames). Try connecting to the VNC server and see if `dmesg` provides any helpful information. Check /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<name>.log for qemu errors.

Quoting "Daniel E. Shub" <daniel.e.shub@xxxxxxxxx>:

You can setup a bridge in Arch in a number of ways. I personally think
doing it with iproute2, like you are, is more difficult than with
netctl (which is also part of base). With iproute2 you have to write
your own systemd service and make sure you get the right load order.
For example, I think you want the bridge service to start before the
network comes up. With netctl you just need to create a configuration
file in /etc/netctl/ and then you can enable it on boot with "netctl
enable". The Arch Wiki has a pretty good walk through:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bridge_with_netctl.