[Xen-users] VMware ESXi 5.5 under Xen4CentOS ( nested hvm )

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Abdallah Jabbour <it-j@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:33:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:41:10 +0000

Hi ,

I have created a VM under Xen4CentOS with VMware ESXi5.5 and enabled HVM ( nestedhvm=1 in configuration file for the domain ) ESXi installer did not complain about HVM being missing and the installation is completed successfully , yet when creating a VM inside ESXi and power it , it crashes and ESXi crash too , my physical CPU is AMD Athlon II x4 620 , I have turned HAP bit in the configuration file of the domain (ESXi) yet the VM still crash and also ESXi Hyp still crash with purple screen of death .

Any advise please .

Abdallah Jabbour

IT Manager

MSC -MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING AGENCY ( SYRIA )

for the real world

Sheikhdaher, Flaifel Brothers Avenue,Bldge No.602 P.O. Box 1133

T:+963 41 466 122/Ext 225  W: www.msc.com

As agent for MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A., Geneva

This message and any associated files (together the “Contents”) are intended solely for the addressee(s). The Contents are confidential and may contain private information or information that is subject to copyright or is a trade secret or which is privileged. Views or opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent views or opinions of MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, its agents or their affiliated companies and may only be the view or opinion of the author. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not use, print, copy, store, forward, or disclose it or act in reliance of the Contents. Please destroy all copies of the message and any associated files and notify the sender immediately that you have received it in error. Thank you for your cooperation.