[Xen-users] How to activate altp2m in using VMFUNC

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: liuweijie <liuwj0129@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:57:19 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 04:57:29 +0000

Dear list,

I am a PhD student and recently I have been studying how to use VMFUNC on
Xen-4.6.0.

I notice that when Xen creates VMCS(s) for a domain, it will disable VMFUNC and
#VE. The comment on this part of code says VMFUNC and #VE may be enabled later
by altp2m. I want to use vmfunc instruction on my virtual machine so I add
‘altp2m=1’ in xen command line. Then I found the altp2m mechanism has been
supported but not been activated.

So I am looking forward that someone could tell me how to activate altp2m. And
I guess this altp2m is just for the CPU which supports both VMFUNC and #VE. If
so, what should I do? I ask that because my CPU (i7-4790) only supports VMFUNC
but not #VE. Thanks!

Best regards,
Weijie.