[Xen-users] Dom0 Selection, Options

I would like to build Xen workstation on a new Toshiba laptop.  I would like it to efficiently run the latest Debian and Windows, at least.

I have installed Jessie and Xen.  I am finding that my Jessie installation may not be a simple as it should be - I loaded a variety of items as I have been learning along the way.  I have reloaded all the OS more than a dozen times trying to get a complete functional system.  Now I wonder if 'complete' is appropriate in consideration that dom0 should be simple.  My concern that if there is a function that dom0 did not support, the VMs may not be able to support it either.  But this no longer sounds correct.  I chose Jessie because I wanted to use Debian for my 'important' VMs.

I am ready to reinstall everything (a few more times) to get to a simple, functioning system that I can run and domu efficiently.  I see that Debian only support up to Xen 4.4 which does not support UEFI.

I would like to hear what are some other choices that may get back to the initial simple dom0 requirement, what are some of the choices for distributions to use for dom0 and what constitutes minimal and still support fully functional VMs?

One of my fundamental challenges is this new laptop has a 4k display.  When it boots with no display configuration, the text is too small to read.  I added a lot of complexity to try and get readable text in both the boot process, console and GUI.

Thank you,
Ray