Re: [Xen-users] Debian 8.4, EFI, and systemd = Tricky

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:05:23 +0100
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian 8.4, EFI, and systemd = Tricky

Paul Daniels <walkabout.pd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At this point exec /bin/systemd hangs the machine, no output just a cursor(like every other hang)

Apart from the fact that I wouldn't have had SystemD installed in the first place, have you considered installing SysVinit and removing SystemD ? Given the normal recommendation for the host to be as minimal a system as you can, I can't see any reason to be running anything that depends on it.

I'll probably have to head that way.

It's actually a convenience issue for me, easier to have a fully loaded dom0 and to segregate out portions onto the xen domU's.  DHCP, LTSP, webservices. As I need to modify one simply send the vm to my servers, with minimal dom0's.  But when I'm onsite with just a laptop, having the same functionality is awesome. Been great up until I was forced to update my debian. Systemd is faster, and seems logical, and looks like something ill encounter on a regular basis.

So it would be great if it worked.

I was hoping that someone had encountered and solved similar issues, and would share their experiences.

PaulD