Re: [Xen-users] Server with 2 NICs. DomU as Router

Is this correct?

/etc/network/interfaces :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
bridge_ports eth0

auto xenbr1
iface xenbr1 inet manual
bridge_ports eth1

router DomU xen config: ( condensed version )

name   = 'router'
kernel = ''/var/lib/xen/images/vmlinuz-xen''
vif = ['vifname = click1,mac=08:00:27:aa:bb:cc, bridge=xenbr0, name="vif0" 'vifname=click2,mac=08:00:27:bb:cc:dd,bridge=xenbr1', name="vif1"]
_on_poweroff_ = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'preserve'

I have the NAT + Routing IPTables running on DomU.

Do I need to up ppp0?

You mention the default route address should be that of eth1 ( xenbr1 ). What is the address of this? I plan on just giving it a static address when setting up the bridge. Is that correct?

I am setting up computers connected to eth1 now but I do plan on running dnsmasq for dhcp.