Re: [Xen-users] Xen or LXC/LXD?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:01:45 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:03:10 +0000

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2016, 10:00:33 schrieb sm8ax1@xxxxxxxxxxx:
>   Other users have pretty much covered everything so I don't have much to
> add. One idea I would like to suggest is using both.
This is what we do in a typical internet server / hosting plattform /
environment. Containers / LXC are used within / "on top of" PV DomUs.

Both technologies have their own level here. I.e. a typical DomU is the area a
customer is getting if he want to run his own containers "from anywhere"...

PV is significant for us, because it allows economic and performant usage of
our hardware and gives us advantages over i.e. VMware and such "full-virt"
stuff which generates much more overhead.

hth a bit,
cheers,

Niels.

--