Re: [Xen-users] I want to create a network for my Xen VM and need help.

I'm a beginner and I guess it is a place for help.

    On Monday, May 9, 2016 11:41 AM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 Just to add, since it seems a common problem getting round some of the
concepts ...

Just consider the network if the guest were not virtualised, but a real
machine, and the bridge were a real switch sat on your desktop. You'd need a
means of configuring the networking on the "guest" (eg static config or DHCP),
and a means of getting it's traffic to-from the outside world (typically by
means of a router).

Now you are going to take those separate pieces of hardware and roll them up
into a virtualised setup. The switch turns into a virtual switch (a bridge* in
Linux networking terminology), the computer turns into a virtualised guest, and
the router turns into ? At home I run a separate guest as a two port router,
but you can put it's functions into the Dom0 config.

So from the PoV of the guest, it's just connected to a network switch. Nothing
magical changes, and it's IP config is managed in just the same way as the real
machine.