Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.6 - VM Migration Issue

Add back xen-users@

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:55:17AM +0100, Vittorio Cozzolino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks much for the answer. Well the network configuration is not exactly
> the same for the 2 machines, the network interfaces have different names.
> Does that mean that to guarantee migration the machines have to look exactly
> the same from the network perspective?

I would say both sides need to be able to provide at least all the
utilities and network setup.

Just imagine one hypothetical scenario: if you configuration makes the
traffic route through a certain interface but that interface doesn't
exist on the receiving end.  Of course that will fail the migration.

> Right now I don't have access the xen-hotplug log, but when I had look at it
> there was nothing really interesting. I will paste it here as soon as I can
> fetch it.

OK.

Wei.