Re: [Xen-users] Server with 2 NICs. DomU as Router

I have it resolved now. It seems to be a issue because of the address on the xen bridge. I had to disable transmit checksum offloading. Referenced here on Xen Networking with VLANs http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Networking

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Pearson <johnpearson555@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried adding the address the bridge itself like Simon mentioned:
> auto xenbr1
> iface xenbr1 inet static
> bridge_ports eth1
> address 10.20.0.3
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> broadcast 10.20.0.255
> gateway 10.20.0.1
> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>

> A issue though. DNS doesn't seem to be working, I tried editing resolv.conf directly and dns-nameservers like showed above.
>
> I can ping 8.8.8.8 and any other ip address directly but nslookup, dig etc aren't working. Any ideas why DNS is not propagating?

My guess is a problem with the config of DomU, do the filter rules permit the traffic ?

Time to follow the packets. On the DomU internal interface, do you see the packets ? Do you see them on the DomU outside interface ? Do you see them on the Dom0 outside interface (xenbr0 and then eth0) ?
Then do you see replies - on the return path ?

Use whatever packet sniffer you are happy with - my preference is for tshark (cli version of wireshark).