Re: [Xen-users] Best practice to use Dom0?

On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 06:05:41PM +0200, Cloud Admin wrote:
> Hi,
> I am starting to get in touch with Xen in special and virtualization in
> general. I installed Xen hypervisor and play around with it. One
> question was hitting me since there.
> What is the best practice to use dom0? Is it only there to control the
> other domU's or can it be used (additional) as a 'normal' instance and
> take over jobs (e.g. provide TV broadcast service)?
> Bye
>       Frank

It's completely up to you really.

Note that Dom0 in a typical setup also runs several services for all
VMs, so in order to not bog it down too much it might be a good idea to
not run any user workload inside it.

Also from a security point of view, it is probably good idea to not
expose unnecessary service on Dom0.

All in all, personally I won't run any  public facing service in Dom0.

Wei.