Re: [Xen-users] Internal network Configuration

On Monday, July 11, 2016 1:22 AM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First of all, How can I stop top posting?

Simple, just put your reply AFTER what you are replying to - and trim what you
quote so there's enough to give context and no more. That's basic netiquette.
Any sane email program will allow that, if yours doesn't then you need a better
one.

> "br1" is a bridge that connected to a Physical NIC

OK

> but "virbr0" is Virtual NIC

>What ?
>Do you mean virtual NIC, or do you mean bridge ?
>You need a BRIDGE to which you connect virtual NIC (the VIFs created when your
>start a VM)

Yes, I mean is Virtual Bridge. I guess "virbr0" made by Xen.

> and not connected to any real NIC and if I connect my VM to this Virtual NIC
> then I can launch an isolate Network. Am I right?

If you mean BRIDGE then yes, you are right. If you really mean virtual NIC then
no, you are not right.

I am starting to wonder if you have really grasped the really basic
fundamentals. The confusion suggests that you might not have done so, either
that or you are just very sloppy with terminology.