Re: [Xen-users] QEMU backend initialization failure.

https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-07/msg01745.html
they posted a patch to qemu-xen in xen-devel. I've not tried it.
PryMar56

On Monday, July 18, 2016 1:08 PM, Paulina Szubarczyk <paulinaszubarczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I encountered today a problem with starting the qemu device model during
creation of a PVHVM domain.

qemu-log:
xen be core: xen be core: xen be: watching backend path
(backend/console/21) failed
xen be: watching backend path (backend/console/21) failed
xen be core: xen be core: xen be: watching backend path
(backend/vkbd/21) failed
xen be: watching backend path (backend/vkbd/21) failed
xen be core: xen be core: xen be: watching backend path
(backend/qdisk/21) failed
xen be: watching backend path (backend/qdisk/21) failed

my current system configuration:
release                : 4.6.2-040602-generic
xen_version            : 4.8-unstable
qemu              : 2.6.50

I looked for the cause of it and on my machine the problem comes from
creating a new posix thread. More specifically the setting of the stack
size for a thread causes a failure of creation of the thread with the
value EINVAL - Invalid argument.

In the tools/xenstore/xs.c:xs_watch the function
pthread_attr_setstacksize(&attr, DEFAULT_THREAD_STACKSIZE) is called.
The DEFAULT_THREAD_STACKSIZE cannot be less then PTHREAD_STACK_MIN that
resolves to 16 KB and this is also the default value set by the
toolstack. But setting the stack to that value causes the EINVAL. A
default value for the stack is 8MB. I played with the parameter
DEFAULT_THREAD_STACKSIZE and the problem does not exist for the value
above or equal 20KB in my case.

I saw that there was a similar raport on the list recently.
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2016-07/msg00021.html

Paulina