Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV defunct?

> On 20 Jul 2016, at 09:58, Joel Noyce Barnham <joel.noyce-barnham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Currently there are no signed drivers available from this project but
> there are plans to make them available in the future (there are some
> issues with the Linux Foundation accepting terms from Microsoft).

Unfortunately this is true. In fact it seems that the MS terms cannot be
accepted by any open source project/open source foundation. As a result some
FOSS foundations which used to Windows sign drivers for Windows for their
projects, stopped doing so.

This has been raised with MS and they are apparently fixing it, but IMHO this
will take time (we are talking months at best). GPLPV would have had similar
issues. And in fact so does KVM: for KVM RedHat signs the Fedora drivers and
KVM recommends that all projects which cannot sign drivers use the Fedora ones.
That is not really different to using the Citrix ones.

In any case, it seems the windows pv driver team is working on some fudge,
which will help. You should ask the question on the relevant list though.

Lars