Re: [Xen-users] A security Question

> Check out the vif-scripts in /etc/xen/scripts/ - They are typically
> executed when a new vif is added to your domU and take care of setting
> it up in the dom0.
>
> Then I'd try to get the MAC and IP within that script.

I *assume* that there is a mechanism for this since the VIF declaration in the
guest config allows for "mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" and "ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", as in
:
vif  = [
'bridge=eth0,vifname=someneaningfulname,ip=192.168.xxx.xxx,mac=00:16:3e:xx:xx:xx']

I always assumed that these variables would find themselves into the script and
could be used to setup firewall rules.