Re: [Xen-users] A security Question

Thanks for the reply.

I also read using ebtable table rule . The extact lines were like this:

One of the challenges was that since packets from VMs enter iptables filter after passing "virbr0", information about the original
sending interface is lost. We have used ebtables to encode the information in packet:mark. This is done by patching Xen script which launches VMs. When a VM is launched, a patched Xen adds an ebtables rule which adds the information to every packet from the launched VM.

I want to know what is the syntax of ebtable rule and where it is added ( script  and path of script))? and what information is encoded?

2. The Fl_Val captures network packets from a kernel using iptables in connection with libipq module (ip queue kernel module) and validates the source address of the traffic.

What is the syntax of iptable rule to validate the IP and MAC.
(As we can read the IP and MAC from packet header; how to fetch actual IP and MAC of packet;
if xennstore is used for fetching actual IP and MAC, what would be its syntax?)

Fl_Val then decodes the information and is able to reliably determine a sending VM regardless of the packet content (it
may be spoofed).

I exactly do not know that what information is decoded?