Re: [Xen-users] mem= not altering the total memory seen by Xen for ARM

On 09/08/2016 20:13, John Linn wrote:
Hi,

Hello John,

I’m a newer user of Xen on ARM working with the Xilinx MPSOC platform.
 We want to restrict Xens available memory and the Xen command line
seems to be easy answer.

We see the command line show mem=1G from “xl info”, but the total_memory
does not reflect what we set mem= to.

Does this still work on ARM with device tree and we’re doing something
wrong?

The 'mem' option has not been implemented on ARM for moment. I think it was assumed that the user could modify the device tree to limit the memory.

However, I know that sometimes it may be difficult to modify the device tree, so it might be a good idea to implement "mem".

The best place to limit the memory in Xen would be setup_mm. Feel free to ask questions.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall