Re: [Xen-users] support for PVH

<snip>

> I have a chance to buy a dual Xeon e5-2670 (SR0KX) 128G-ECC on an
> Intel MoBo for $500.  This is an awesome amount of horsepower for an
> incredible price.
>
> Before I commit to anything I need to know with absolute certainty
> that these CPUs support Xen's PVH virtualization mode.

</snip>

Hi Mike,

I haven't checked the CPUs but please don't make the mistake I made and
use a motherboard that only has very limited support for VTd.

As far as I could work out (from lots of help on the forum) my
problems were all down to the North Bridge chip set used by Intel on my
motherboard and it only supporting one VTd instance - something like
that.  Anyway, the motherboard was about as much use as a poke in the
eye for HVM use, even though VTd support was stated in the documentation.

Best regards,

Jo.