 Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and cloud computing
 To: "Jason Long" <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 3:05 PM

 On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at
 04:21:02PM +0000, Jason Long wrote:

 Hello all.
 > Can you explain cloud
 computing in xen for me?
 > Why cloud
 computing is good in xen? As I see cloud concept in
 > wikipedia it must be some servers that
 share resources and... but how
 > xen can
 do it? Am I wrong?

 Xen is a
 virtualization system. This allows multiple virtual
 computers
 to co-exist on a single piece of
 physical hardware. That's really all
 Xen
 does.

 As for "cloud
 computing" (a term that's quite silly in my
 opinion),
 virtualization can be used as part
 of a cloud computing solution.
 Amazon's
 cloud offerings make use of Xen to provide small
 computing
 instances for low prices by
 bundling many small VMs onto one large
 server.

 But virtualization and cloud computing are by
 no means synonymous. There
 are plenty of
 cloud computing systems that use no virtualization, and
 conversely there are plenty of uses for Xen
 that have nothing to do
 with cloud
 computing.

 --Sean