Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.4 and 4.6 hangs

BCC'ing xen-devel, since this is clearly a xen-users question at the moment.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Soumendu Satapathy
<soumendu.satapathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I am trying to install and boot xen.  I followed the following procedure.
> There was no errors while installation. But when I select the grub entry it
> hangs.
>

> The following is the steps I followed.
>
> yum -y install centos-release-xen
> yum --enablerepo=centos-virt-xen -y update kernel
> yum --enablerepo=centos-virt-xen -y install xen
> /bin/grub-bootxen.sh
> reboot
> xl info
>

> I also tried to compile the xen4.2.4 source code . I did the following..
>

> $ ./configure
>
> $ make world
>
> $ make install
>

> After the above steps completed without errors, I added an entry to the
> grub.cfg and booted but like the above it hangs. But I am able to select the
> linux kernel and it boots properly. In both I get the following and then the
> xen hangs…

> Is there any steps we are missing?

It's not 100% clear here -- did you get the same result (Grub says
it's booting Xen then hangs) for both the CentOS packages and your own
build?

It looks like you got grub to attempt to load Xen, so as far as that
goes it looks like you did OK.

But there's not nearly enough information in this report to move
forward, and it looks like you've actively removed some important
information. :-)

What Linux kernel version are you using?  What version of CentOS, and
what Xen packages?  What hardware is it running on?  What does your
grub config look like?  Do you have a serial console attached?  Are
you using encryted (LUKS) disks?

Thanks,

 -George