[Xen-users] VGA PT in Debian 8

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Manuel R. Campos" <manurcr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 09:04:18 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:05:34 +0000

Hi everybody,

I am trying to make a good VGA PT in my system, but it is not working at all. I think I'm not making something really weird, So I'll tell my configuration.

My Dom0 is a Debian 8, totally updated from repos. I compiled my own kernel in order to have the right Xen options enabled. I compiled from source the Xen 4.7.0. and works properly for the virtualization. I cannot create PV guests because I cannot use xen-tools (last version is 4.6 and is not working with this one, but that is not my problem yet)

At this point, I'm able to hide the PCI devices in the kernel

Also the .cfg from Windows 7 is using "qemu-xen-traditional". I didn't know that only with that I could make the VGA PT. With "qemu-xen" does nothing. And I'd like to know too which USB I have to type in this configuration file in order to use the mouse and keyboard, because I passed the one for both and didn't work, so I'm doing something work but I don't see what exactly.

My kernel configuration related to Xen is:

CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y
CONFIG_XEN_512GB=y
CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS=y
CONFIG_XEN_PVH=y
CONFIG_PCI_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_SCSI_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_NETXEN_NIC=m
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_TCG_XEN=m
CONFIG_XEN_WDT=m
CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
CONFIG_XEN_SELFBALLOONING=y
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG_LIMIT=512
CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=y
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=y
CONFIG_SWIOTLB_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_TMEM=m
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_SCSI_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y
CONFIG_XEN_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_MCE_LOG=y
CONFIG_XEN_HAVE_PVMMU=y
CONFIG_XEN_EFI=y
CONFIG_XEN_AUTO_XLATE=y
CONFIG_XEN_ACPI=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYMS=y
CONFIG_XEN_HAVE_VPMU=y

And the conf file from the Windows HVM is:

builder = "hvm"

name = "viewer"

viridian = 1

memory = 4096

vcpus = 4

disk = [
'file:/****/imageRecorder/xenwinview7.img,ioemu:hda,w',
]

device_model_version = "qemu-xen-traditional"
gfx_passthru=1
pci = ['03:00.1'
,'00:02.0'
]

pci_permissive = 1

monitor=1
pci_power_mgmt=1
xen_platform_pci=1
pci_msitranslate=1
viridian=1
hpet=1
acpi=1
apic=1
pae=1
nx=1
localtime=1
usbdevice="tablet"

vnc = 1
vncdisplay=4
vncunused=0
vnclisten="0.0.0.0"

_on_poweroff_ = 'destroy'
_on_reboot_ = 'restart'
_on_crash_ = 'restart'

boot='c'

I had to compile this from source because in Xen 4.4.1, the one which is in the repos in Debian, is not working with the VGA PT because I can use only "qemu-xen" and it doesn't let the PT. And "qemu-xen-traditional" is not supported in Xen 4.4.1.

Any help is really appreciated,

--
Manuel R. Campos Roldán