[Xen-users] Xen 4.6.4 builds from source using Makefile rules script

  • To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mark Pryor <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 08:43:08 +0000 (UTC)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 08:44:27 +0000

List,

I have a full build from tarball of xen 4.6.4 working via Debian Makefile rules script.
So far only Jessie and Xenial have been setup. Only the ioemu-stubdom was disabled with all the
other stubdom sections  working.

I first tried 4.7 & 4.8, but I had issues with the EFI blobs not linking. I never had this trouble until
I started with the Debian Makefile approach.

Getting full success with 4.6.4 is good enough for now. I am thrilled that it works as advertised. Even
the Debian gurus won't include any stubdom in the distro build of Xen. We don't have to skip it.

I intend to get the latest Xen building this way too, eventually.

PryMar56