Re: [Xen-users] Windows PV drivers

On 05/01/17 01:14, Éliás Tamás wrote:
Hi. All drivers here

https://xenbits.xen.org/pvdrivers/win/8.1.0/

are signed and most of the situations, can work (do not forge tto
install the pfx files, etc) - you do not need bcdedit /testsigning ON
any more with these.
Thank you for your advice, but it still doesn't seem to work. Here is what I'm doing:
1) Download the xenbus.tar file from the above URL
2) Extract the contents to C:\Temp
3) Extract the source.tgz file into c:\temp\xenbus\src
4) Double click the c:\temp\xenbus\src\src\xenbus.pfx file
5) Choose Local Machine and click Next
6) Click Next to accept the xenbus.pfx filename
7) Click Next without entering any password
8) Click Next with "Automatically select the certificate store"
9) Click Finish
10) Certificate was successfully installed, click OK
11) Right click C:\Temp\8.1.0\xenbus\x64\dpinst.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"
12) Click Next
13) See "Install Failed" with no details on what or why it has failed...

Are you able to advise what I might have done wrong in this process?

However, as a personal experience, I recommend for you to wait till the
final release of

https://xenbits.xen.org/pvdrivers/win/8.2.0/

(logo testing is just done, so we can expect the signed version withi
1-2 months hopefully)

Do you mean because it is easier to install, or because it is more stable (fixes some bugs in 8.1.0)?
Is it possible to simply install the current version of 8.2.0, and then update when the final release is done?

Regards,
Adam

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading from xen 4.1 to xen 4.4 and have a
number of windows domU's running Windows Server 2012R2 with one of the
ejb versions of the GPLPV drivers installed.

Can anyone advise which are the best drivers to install for production
use today, and how they went about installing them?

So far, I've managed to boot my testing domU under 4.4, but I can't
install the drivers form
https://xenproject.org/downloads/windows-pv-drivers.html even after
installing the certificate.

I would prefer to use debian testing, but would I perhaps be better off
switching to XenServer and using the XenServer version of the PV
drivers? Or can I use the XenServer version of the drivers with plain
debian + xen?

Would appreciate any advice from others who have managed to get this to
work well, especially in a production environment.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au