Re: [Xen-users] Run Xen hypervisor on Qemu

I want to run xen on top of qemu, somewhat getting the similar type of effect when we run qemu with enable-kvm option. I want to do so to get instruction traces. By following your suggestion if we install xen inside qemu will it give the same result as that of qemu with kvm.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Sarah Newman <srn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/11/2017 07:26 AM, Ismi Abidi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is my first time working with xen. I have xen v4.6 installed on
> ubuntu16. I want to run xen hypervisor on qemu in hardware assisted mode. I
> have tried to use qemu-xen command for this purpose but it gives an error
> command not found. What other things should I do to set it working.
>
> --Ismi

As in you want to run xen inside a qemu virtual machine? Then xen needs to be installed inside that.