Re: [Xen-users] VG within VG

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:40:47AM -0200, Jorge Visentini wrote:
> For example, I create a VG with the name of the VM, for example VGVM01 and
> then I create a LV (/ dev / mapper / VGVM01-LV) and delivered as a disk to
> the VM in virt-manager.
> What happens is that in this way, it becomes active in hyper both the VG
> that I create (VGVM01) and the VG that I create inside the VM and sometimes
> the duplicate VG message appears in the hypervisor.
>
> Is that correct, or do you do it differently?

I suppose there is the potential for LVM metadata to become corrupt if it can
be written in both the hypervisor
and the guest.  I avoid this happening in my dom0 with an edit to
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf to set:

global_filter = [ "a|/dev/md.*|", "a|/dev/sd.*|", "a|/dev/xvd.*|", "r|/.*/|" ]

This allows LVM to consider /dev/md* /dev/sd* and /dev/xvd* as possible pvs but
ignore any other block devices.

Regards,
James