Re: [Xen-users] USB keyboard not working on Xen 4.8 + Debian 9

On 07/02/17 14:35, John Mok wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> Yes, the host dom0 cannot access keyboard when booting to Xen 4.8 + Debian
> 9.
>
> As the keyboard cannot operate, no command xl dmesg can be entered. After
> hardware reset, I found no Xen log retained.
>
> Please advise how to keep xl dmesg or like, without keyboard and after
> hardware reset.

[Note: The standard here is to reply in-line rather than top-posting.]

Good point. :-)  Do you have another machine that you can use to ssh
into the box in question?

Otherwise, you could try adding something to /etc/rc.local (or wherever
your distribution has such a thing); something like:

TAG=$(date +%Y%0m%0d%0H%0M%0S)
dmesg > /root/dmesg.$TAG
xl dmesg > /root/xl-dmesg.$TAG

 -George