Re: [Xen-users] Xen must be on a 2Mb boundary

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 13:15:08 EST, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> With the foreword that I don't know anything about EFI, so I may very
> well talk nonsense, but...
>
> On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 19:28 -0500, jim burns wrote:
> > As long as I was doing all that rebooting anyway, I tried your
> > efibootmgr
> > suggestion. Again, no difference - it just rebooted. The error msg in
> > the
> > Subject goes by too quickly, so I can't be sure that it rebooted with
> > the same
> > error. I used the command "efibootmgr -c -d /dev/sda8 -l EFI/fedora/
> > xen-4.8.0.efi -L xen", if you can see anything I omitted. (I then
> > changed the
> > boot order, so "Xen" wasn't first.) None-the-less, I'm willing to say
> > grub2
> > isn't having any negative effect.
>
> If it's Xen that is rebooting, there is a 'noreboot' command line
> option.

Thanx - I would have considered that if I had gotten ANY Xen boot msgs.
However, I'm just getting the brief err msg in the Subject, when I can see it,
and then a reboot. And booting with grub2 multiboot works fine, so I was
hoping someone would notice something that could be tweaked in my xen.cfg.

> But in general, if you think you're hitting a bug, or a configuration
> that was working with a certain version of Xen, and is no longer
> working right now/on a later one, please consider reporting this whole
> thing to xen-devel.

It has in fact worked a handful of times, just mostly not. Unfortunately, I
did not record what versions of Xen and the kernel it worked for, so I can't
duplicate it. If I can get more info on the problem, it might be worth
reporting to xen-devel.