Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.8.0 | VGA Passthrough | Xen PV Drivers 8.2 | Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits

Hi,

Updates:

Doing more tests there is an easy workaround for VGA Passthrough  without patching Xen .4.8.0

Use msitranslate=0 should be enough. If your GPU is linked to 01:00.0 then use

pci= [ '01:00.0,msitranslate=0', ....]
It is required only for your GPU.It is not worth mentionning 'msitranslate=0' for the others PCI devices.

There is another issue. Shutting down the VM is fine but restarting the VM  implies to restart the dom0 else your dom0 will hang (a hard reboot is required :( )

You can bypass this issue by using this script ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/run-passthrough

This script was forwarded on the Xen mailing list by its orignal author a couple years ago.

You just need to adapt its content to your own needs.
- change the PCI list
- check that your domU has its name = "Windows" (this is the default name used in this script) or replace "Windows" by your own used name parameter
- improve its content.

Once changes are done you can enjoy your own Virtual Machine using VGA Passthrough with Xen 4.8.0.

I tested with my HD 7970 a couple of times and I was able to restart the domU using this script.

Regards.
David