Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] vif-bridge errors when creating and destroying dozens of VMs simultaneously

George Dunlap writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] vif-bridge errors when
creating and destroying dozens of VMs simultaneously"):
> So we have three options:
> 3. Try to check to see if the version of iptables we have supports -w,
> and use it if available.  This should also work on all systems, but
> introduces a bit of complication.  It also doesn't allow us to
> reliably use a timeout.

I think this is best.  Eventually we can get rid of the check for -w.

I think a timeout in this context is not very helpful.

Also, a loop, on a busy system, might need to have many attempts,
because it will be polling.

As I said on irc:

  If iptables fails to release its lock, then surely everything is going
  to be bust forever more, at least until someone manages to unstick it
  and get the lock released ?

  I'm not sure it's worth a lot of effort to try to contain the
  consequences.

Ian.