Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVH domu

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 04:30:44PM +0200, Bobbi Sanchez wrote:
> Hey, what is the exactly hardware requierement to run an 'freebsd' PVH domu?

It depends.

With Xen < 4.9 (that still has PVHv1 support), the requirement is an
Intel CPU with EPT support. Starting from Xen 4.9 there's no longer
support for PVHv1 (only PVHv2) and I still have to upstream that into
FreeBSD. I have a proof of concept implementation I use for my own
testing purposes, but it's not yet ready for upstream:

git://xenbits.xen.org/people/royger/freebsd.git pvh_wip

In any case, for PVHv2 the requirement is going to be an IOMMU for
Dom0 support, and for DomU support just VMX/SVM.

Roger.