Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] UEFI Secure Boot Xen 4.9

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Daniel Kiper <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:16:23AM -0600, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Kiper <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Hey Tamas,
>> >
>> > Sorry for late reply. I was on vacation.

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Please look at
>> >
>> >   https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg00982.html
>> >
>> > and at
>> >
>> >   https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg00985.html
>> >
>> > Attachments contain the same patches as above but rebased on latest
>> > GRUB2 and Xen git repositories.
>> >
>> > Due to some travel I am going to restart work on this in the second
>> > half of September.
>> >
>> > If you have any questions please drop me a line.
>> >

>> Hi Daniel,
>> thanks for the update, I'll give it a shot today to set it up. In a
>> somewhat related note, are you aware of any work on getting secure
>> boot + UEFI working in a guest? There is a PoC patch on OpenXT
>> (https://github.com/OpenXT/xenclient-oe/pull/729) but was wondering if
>> there are any parallel efforts ongoing.
>
> I do not follow this issue in detail. However, I suppose that if OVMF
> supports UEFI secure boot (well, QEMU has to enable SMM support too;
> I do not know does it work with Xen or not) then guest should work
> without any issue. Just guessing...

Sure, was just wondering if you are aware of anyone looking at that.

In other news I was able to get your patches working and have been
able to boot with Secure boot enabled as far as shim -> signed grub ->
signed linux without initrd. If I boot a signed version of Xen from
grub it goes as far as setup_efi_pci but then the system reboots
without anything else being printed on the screen. I haven't been able
to debug it any further yet.

Tamas