Re: [Xen-users] Xen-kernel startet nicht

Thanks for your prompt reply,

but it will not work.
I think universe repo is already in the sources list:
    deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ artful universe
    # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ artful universe

I added the proposed kernel parameters to "/etc/default/grub.d/xen.cfg
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_XEN_REPLACE_DEFAULT= " and got a lot of output
resulting in a blank screen with a frozen underline cursor in the left
upper corner. The last view before blanking is in the added jpg. No more
reaction.

Any more ideas?

Thanks WIN

Am 20.11.17 um 20:54 schrieb Mark Pryor:
> Hello,
>
> /* You are missing a repo:
> In the Ubuntu universe there is xen-4.9
> add universe to sources.list
> drop the universe tag unless its needed */
>
> apt-get update -t universe
> apt-cache policy xen-hypervisor-4.9-amd64 -t universe
> then try again with xen-system-amd64
>
> //Prevent all ballooning:
> //below is your hypervisor cmdline (xen.gz) (aka kernel)
> dom0_mem=2048M,max:2048M guest_loglvl=all loglvl=all console=vga
> vga=gfx-1280x1024x16 conring_size=48k text sched=credit2 cpufreq=none
>
> //vmlinuz cmdline append:
> tmem.selfballooning=0
>
> after adding the two lines above to /etc/default/grub
> update-grub2
>
> PryMar56
> ##xen-packaging on Freenode
>

> On Monday, November 20, 2017 10:17 AM, "wj@xxxxxxxxxx" <wj@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> Hallo,
>
> I hope I am right here.
>
> An up-to-date standard Ubuntu 17.10 is running well (but 16.04 not
> stable).
>    Board Asus TUF X299 Mark2
>    CPU Intel Core i7-7800X
>    64 GB RAM
> After installation of xen-system-amd64 (xen-hypervisor-4.6-amd64) the
> comp will not start to XEN.
>
> It will stop around the nouveau driver, see picture 1 and 2.
> Kernel parameter nomodeset ist similar.
>
> With kernel parameter nolapic it get kernel panic with every cpu after
> the first one, see picture 3 and 4.
>
> Switching off hyperthreading will make no difference.
>
> Any idea what to do?
> Thanks
>
> Winfried Jennert

Winfried Jennert
Cephei AG
wj@xxxxxxxxxx          Mies-van-der-Rohe-Str. 1
Tel+49(0)89 89826712   D 80807 München
Fax+49(0)89 89826722   http://www.cephei.com

Vorstand: Michael Böhm (Vorsitz), Christoph Grunwald
Aufsichtsrat: Gerd May (Vorsitz)
Michael Steinich, Dr. Jörg Trinitis
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
HRB München 130570