Re: [Xen-users] DomU not starting under pvhv2

On 9/01/18 4:37 AM, Christopher Myers wrote:

On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 22:01 +1300, Peter wrote:

I see (all?) the older CPUs don't have VT-d.  However some of the CPUs
where pvh is working do not report hvm_directio in xl info virt_caps
(e.g. the E5506 servers) though they do have VT-d available per
ark.intel.com.

Out of curiosity, just because the CPU supports VT-d doesn't mean that
everything else in the system does or that it's enabled in the BIOS. My
work computer, for example, supports it, but I had to explicitly enable
it first. So just something to double-check.

Note: my issue is that the VM cannot start under pvh.

Is VT-d / hardware assisted IO required for pvh?

I don't need hardware assisted IO. I just want to be able to start the VM under pvh rather than pv.