[Xen-users] Debian stable or testing as dom0 kernel?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Torben Schou Jensen" <tsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:05:45 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:07:11 +0000

My Xen server have been active for the last 3 years.
I selected to use Debian testing to keep xen updated to latest version.
Everything running all fine.

But using Testing means a lot of rolling updates.
And not the best things to reboot dom0 often.
I normally update once a month, with reboot in case of new kernel.
All guests are then saved and restored, all fine, but it give short down
time and each time I cross fingers that new Testing kernel is stable
enough.

What is preferred use of kernel in dom0 out there today???

Brgds
Torben