Re: [Xen-users] Xen with Ceph over libvirt not working ...

Hi everybody out there,

I didn't got yet any answer that helped me, to solve my problem.

Is there nobody out there, who uses CentOS with Xen and Ceph as
distributed storage? Or is it "just" working for you?

Actually I think, that the configuration might be fine, thus it seems,
that CEPH-auth works and the VM-XML-config is interpreted correct by
libvirt. But the next step fails, when libvirt should pass the
blockdevice to Xen?

Could it be possible, that there is an error in the pygrub-script?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/xen/bin/pygrub", line 896, in <module>
    part_offs = get_partition_offsets(file)
  File "/usr/lib64/xen/bin/pygrub", line 113, in get_partition_offsets
    image_type = identify_disk_image(file)
  File "/usr/lib64/xen/bin/pygrub", line 56, in identify_disk_image
    fd = os.open(file, os.O_RDONLY)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

An other idea, there are two qemu-img on the system:

# /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-img -V
qemu-img version 2.7.0 ...

and

# /usr/bin/qemu-img --help
qemu-img version 1.5.3 ...
plus the symlink /usr/bin/qemu-img-xen -> qemu-img

Which one is used by Xen, when starting a PV-VM via libvirt?

It seems, that only the second version is compiled with RBD-support,
thus the 2.7.0 is not working:

# /usr/bin/qemu-img info "rbd:devel-pool/testvm3.rbd:id=libvirt...
->
image: rbd:devel-pool/testvm3.rbd:id=libvirt...
file format: raw
virtual size: 16G (17179869184 bytes)
disk size: unavailable

# /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-img info "rbd:devel-pool/testvm3.rbd:id=libvirt...
->
qemu-img: Could not open 'rbd:devel-pool/testvm3.rbd:id=libvirt...
\:6789': Unknown protocol 'rbd'
--

kind regards,

thg