[Xen-users] Windows 10 BSOD on HAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATION

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble here to run Windows 10 or Windows 7 in nested
virtualization.

My setup is to run Xen on top of KVM.
I configured my Xen VM to have 8G of RAM.

When the system is booted, I have 4G of RAM free to use:
sudo xl info:
total_memory           : 8191
free_memory            : 4132

I configured Windows 10 to have 4G and then reduced to 2G of RAM, but I still
get the same BSOD:
HAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATION
"This bug check indicates that the hardware abstraction layer (HAL) could not
obtain sufficient memory."

How is this possible ??

Windows 7 is crashing as well, but there is no specific message on the BSOD.
Even though I guess it's the same issue.

Also, Windows XP is booting without problems.

Anyone has an idea on what could be the root cause of this ?
I dont know the arcanes of memory management in nested virtualized environment.

Thank you.
Best regards,
​--
Mathieu Tarral