[Xen-users] EFI CLI Options and CFG Profiles - How to Select

Hello!

What are all the options; or, how can I pass additional options to the Xen EFI binary?

  fs0:\> xen-4.11.0.efi -cfg=test.cfg

We can pass a different config file to launch.  However, I'm trying to pass additional parameters to the binary, such as either config file options (e.g. "--acpi=false").

/TD;DR

I have researched this for some time and the closest information I can find are on these pages below.

^- This page lists multiple profiles but does not explain how to select them.  Just you only pick a single default at the top.

^- This is a good overview of the EFI cfg format.  And we see the -cfg=file.cfg format as well.

Are there additional CLI options we can provide though as options to the .efi binary besides the -cfg= parameter?

^- this one is great to explain the options for the options line.

Are these comment line options valid being passed to the .efi binary as well?  At the bottom of the efi.html page above, it says options can be passed to the binary starting with two dashes "--", which makes it sound like we can pass any of the command line options to the EFI file directly?

".efi binary" in terms of like an UEFI shell, like:

fs0:\> xen-4.11.0.efi -cfg=test.cfg

I'm trying to pass additional parameters to the binary, such as either config file options (e.g. "--acpi=false").

Thank you!
Eric