Re: [Xen-users] Future of 32-bit PV support

Hi Juergen,

this will sound like only a rant now, but the answer appears very simple and
logical
"If you have to ask, it's far too late..."

> Am 16.08.2018 um 08:17 schrieb Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx>:
>
> In the Xen x86 community call we have been discussing whether anyone
> really is depending on 32-bit PV guests. We'd like to evaluate whether
> anyone would see problems with:

Noone would benefit rely on any software flavour where awareness is so low that
the core team doesn't even know if someone uses it.
(Yes, I have used it. 32bit Xen stuff was already undermaintained almost a
decade ago. Definitely it has not biased me in a positive way, and yes I also
lack recent experience since I will NEVER try that again)

It is likely better if you drop the support.

Greetings,
Flo

tl;dr: The more time you got for other parts of Xen that are widely used, the
better.