Re: [Xen-users] Xen failing to create domain

[In xen lists the standard is to reply in-line, not top-post.]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM Duncan X Simpson <virtualdxs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used the AUR package with some tweaking, so a bit of both. And yep, it's
> Arch.

Right -- so the Xen build involves cloning & building qemu; and qemu's
habit, when you run ./configure, is to automatically enable all
features for which the requisite libraries exist, unless explicitly
disabled.  Probably what happened is that when you did your local
build, the qemu build system noticed you had libiscsi installed and
enabled some random feature that linked against it.

Did you make an actual package that you then installed with pacman, or
just install Xen some other way?

If you made a package, I'm not sure why pacman didn't notice the
dependency; but you may want to see about building the package in a
chroot or something, with the minimum number of packages installed.

If you installed it directly, I'm afraid you're just going to have to
recompile and install it again whenever a breaking library update
happens. :-)

 -George