Re: [Xen-users] How do I know which packages Ubuntu needs for xen 4.11?

  • To: Chris Percol <chris.percol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Volker Janzen <volker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 22:18:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 22:19:08 +0000

Hi,

if you build from upstream source, you need to try yourself which packages are
needed, as of there are no dependencies added to the resulting deb file.
Neither a working configuration for systemd.

I have not yet tried to change this for my setup, but I already made a
metapackage for the upstream kernel and if you‘re building your own deb repo
for this purpose a metapackage would be an easy option to install depending
packages.

I am using Debian 9 strech as basis for my custom build setup and there
libyajl2 is the only dependency for installation.

Regards,
    Volker