[Xen-users] xen 4.8 live migration

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andrew <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:18:47 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 03:20:25 +0000

Hi All,

I am running xen 4.8 on debian 9 (compiled with the dists build package from xen source... due to an issue with stack size in the debian relsase). I have previously used the xm live migration to move guests between host machines in older versions, and have since moved on to xl

I have noticed that there are live migration suggestions in the xend-config.sxp file (such as the port to listen to), however none of the attributes take effect, and there is no service listening. I'm struggling to find accurate guidance online (mixed documentation/how-to-guides).

My question is, is there a way to do live migrations (via the command-line) between hosts in Xen 4.8?  I am using shared storage.  Any pointers/guidance greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Andrew.