Re: [Xen-users] EFI boot unsuccessful with Ubuntu 18.04 dom0

I am having the very same kind of problem using Gentoo.  About two years ago, I was able to build a xen kernel in Gentoo and start a Dom0 instance by using UEFI command line.  At that time, GRUB2 did not support UEFI.  For the sake of brevity, I am having the very same problem now as depicted by Mr. Baixauli as I upgraded the kernel (to 4.19.23-gentoo) and wanted to get the system to boot up without my manual intervention.  I've built a kernel which successfully boots for a regular Gentoo session using Grub2, but when I try to launch the Dom0 version, I'm cut off at the initial posting with no record and having to push the reset button.  I did make progress because I hard-wired the location of the root drive into the kernel using the Partition ID - see https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/EFI_stub_kernel

And I made some progress, the boot up gets past the "Cannot find FS...", but then it hangs thereafter.

My current solution is: I've ordered a serial to USB connector so I can monitor and capture the boot postings to help further identify the problem.  I'll then be staging the emerge builds, the kernel configuration, the kernel build log, and the boot posting with appropriate questions either here and/or the Gentoo Forum seeking help so all the information will be available to one considering my question. I'm certain the problem I'm having concerns the file system differences.

I wanted to respond here just to you let you know you are not alone and I'm hopeful once I capture the boot postings, I'll be closer to identifying the problem and obtaining help.  I'm hoping that in the next week I'll have a nice package to present for a plea of help.