[Xen-users] Invalid argument - pfSense domU on Alpine Linux

Folks,

I'm new to Xen although fairly well versed otherwise in basic Linux and FreeBSD sysadmin stuff.

I have a fresh, up-to-date install of Alpine Linux using their pre-built Xen dom0 distro.

Alpine 3.9
Xen 4.11.1

I have been able to successfully create a Alpine Linux domU on this system.

I want to create a pfSense domU, but I clearly have a problem in my cfg file syntax, and the error message is not very informative.

My cfg file contents:
-----BEGIN-----
builder     = 'hvm'
vcpus       = 1
memory      = 512
maxvcpus = 1
name = 'pfsensetest'
firmware = 'bios'

disk = [
        'format=raw, vdev=hda, access=w, target=/root/pfsensetest.img',
'format=raw, vdev=hdc, access=r, devtype=cdrom, target=/root/pfSense-CE-2.4.4-RELEASE-amd64.iso'
       ]

boot = "dc"

The error message I get is:

libxl: error: libxl_create.c:589:libxl__domain_make: domain creation fail: Invalid argument
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:964:initiate_domain_create: cannot make domain: -3

How can I determine where the syntax error might be?

--Paul

Paul Suh
VP of Deployment
Cypient Black