Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen on RaspberryPi-3-B

On 18/07/2019 19:48, Rajagopal Aravindan wrote:
Hello Xen,

Hi,

  * I am trying to run Xen-4.6.5 on RaspberryPi-3-B

Xen 4.6 was released 3 and half years ago. The Arm port mature quite a lot since then. So you should at least move to Xen 4.12 if not unstable for a new port.

  * Can someone please guide if this is possible straight away or some porting
    needs to be done?
  * In case porting is required, it would be great if some direction is provided
    on the same like what is the issue, what needs to be done et al

The RPI 3 is still using the Broadcom interrupt controller. It does
not have virtualization extension provided and not based on the GIC
specification. So porting Xen on the RPI 3 is probably going to be quite
consequent.

Instead I would recommend to look at the new RPI4. It contains a GIC and the port should be easier.

Cheers,

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the reply.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Julien Grall